This drill is a variation of the basic breakout drill except that it turns into a 2-on-none.
1. Player 1 rims the puck to player 2
2. Player 3 loops down below the hash marks
3. Player 3 starts skating out of the zone
4. Player 3 receives pass as Player 3 curls and starts breakout
5. Player 2 passes to Player 3. Player 1 on his way out.
note: Player 4 is already making his way to the wing for the next group.
6. Player 3 feeds a pass to Player 1 breaking out. Another variation is that Player 1 can come inside the pylon and then cut to outside with a tight turn.
Note: Player 2 making his way to centre's position for next group
7. Player 3 and Player 1 play a 2 on none.
Note Players in position for next group.
After shot, Players 1 and 3 get back in line.
Make sure you do the drill from both sides.