1. Split players into opposite corners of the rink, with a coach in each adjacent corner with pucks.
2. At a coach's whistle, a player leaves the front of each line and heads straight up ice to receive a pass from the coach in the far corner.
3. The pass is immediately received and redirected to the player now in the front of the other line.
4. The player now with the puck returns the pass to the curling teammate and becomes a back-checker to the other end.
5. The back-checker breaks off to receive a pass from the coach at that end, thus preserving flow.
The pursued player skates in and shoots on goal.