1 D to d - shot variation
Half Ice Drill done at both ends - use D pairs.
1. Have players in both corners with one set of D.
2. players pass to the D then go straight to the net for the deflection, Defense make a D to D pass then shoot.
3. When they get more comfortable with it make the Defense look and see where the forward is before shooting and instruct the forwards that they have 2 options: Screen and Deflect or Go wide for the one-timer.
- Ensure players make hard passes.
- If you have 6 defenders, use the centre ice area for the other 2 D and work on their D to D passes.